Thursday, March 25, 2010

Turkis Smurkis

Within the first few months of dating my sweetheart Paul, he gave me a little red and white box, circa 1960's, that originally housed a piece of Leica camera equipment. The box itself was one of his favorite objects and when I opened it and saw what was inside, I knew he was getting serious. A tiny perfect Brekina toy Volkswagon Bus. In Paul's favorite VW color, Turkis. He was basically asking me to go steady. I said yes, of course and it now hangs over our head in my "favorite things" mobile. That seafoam green I hated so much in my crayon box, had finally won my heart. To see all the gorgeous VW classic colors you can go here.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, love conquers all - even the dislike of seafoam green.
    I like that - a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so sweet. Love the tiny VW and what it symbolizes for the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete