Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First days of school

I've noticed a lot of us still want to have a little of the starting school flutters. Sneaking in a little purchase of new shoes, or socks for ourselves when September comes around is a sweet indulgence. I find myself craving some sharp pencils and new undies. I missed my grandson's first day of school this year but the following photo montage is from last year and still makes me smile. Watching him slowly go from early morning hatching to butterflies and grins as he steps on the bus gives me flutters. Butterflies just as good, maybe better, than the first day of school kind.
Click here for the whole slide show.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alyn,

    I've been meaning to tell you how gorgeous your blog is! It's crisp and smart and lovely! Enjoying it!!

    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! It was first day back for our children a few weeks ago and although it is always a shock to the system getting back into that morning routine (for me that is!), it is wonderful to see them dressed new and excited about their pencil case and lunch box.

    ReplyDelete