Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Creepy Friday

Paul and I spent the day in NY yesterday, professional conference day for him, total day of fun for me. Beautiful sunny day, smell of leaves, soft light and the Gerhard Richter show at the Drawing Center. Had to go to NY Central Art Supply and buy paper immediately following. Today we're finishing up some photos for Mole Hollow, I'm drawing, then finishing my grandson's little gory Halloween costume. He decided to be zombie this year. Couldn't talk him out of it. I asked him a few questions about how he envisioned the costume. Could he be a cute zombie? "No" A Ronald MacDonald zombie? "Absolutely no". Let's work on the back story, then. How did you become a zombie? How did the zombies turn you into one? "Mippy all this talk about zombies is scaring me. Just make the costume, ok"? I'll finish the costume tomorrow and then hide the mirrors.
I love going to cemeteries. They are always so life affirming and make you stop and remember you're alive. Try it when you're sad or not pausing enough in life. Turns things around pretty quickly. Here are a few pics of my favorite cemetery in Paris, Pere Lachaise. Some lucky folks who nap there? Sarah Bernhardt, Gertrude Stein, Balzac, Maria Callas, Issadora Duncan, Jim Morrison but Oscar Wild wins for most kisses. Beautiful images are from Chris Turner's photo essay-
 

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to see the Richter show. I'm hoping to go closing day. And I love cemeteries too, especially the ones in New England. Happy fall. MEW

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see the movie Jim Morrison Last Day?
    You can see at http://jim-morrison-fanclub.blogspot.com/
    It's very strange.
    What you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the cemeteries- so creepy and beautiful simultaneously. thanks for sharing chris turners work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto the cemetery comments -- plymouth has a great one too -- ancient for this country --- love them the best!

    p.s. how old's your grandson? mippy's a good granny name -- i've been trying to figure out mine for when the time (not soon that i'm aware of) comes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos!! I did creepy on my blog today as well:) I have to say that I adore your header- one of the best I have seen. Your paitings are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Alyn,

    Just found this whilst playing around on Google Images. Thanks for sharing my photos. Really pleased you like them. If you could just put a link back to my website, that would be brilliant. http://www.smudgedphoto.co.uk

    Thanks again,
    Chris. :)

    ReplyDelete