Monday, January 3, 2011

Poem for Monday


This weekend I officially set up my new painting studio. First time I've had a space dedicated to just painting. It measures 18' x 32' and makes me giggle and become terrified almost at the same time. Alone can be a biggy for me. It can take me for ever to get there but once I do... well you know the magic. Robert Bly often speaks of conversations with the soul. I'm looking forward to a lot of chats with mine in my new space.


Conversation With The Soul
-Robert Bly

The soul said, "Give me something to look at."
So I gave her a farm. She said,
"It's too large." So I gave her a field.
The two of us sat down.

Sometimes I would fall in love with a lake
Or a pinecone. But I liked her
Most. She knew it.
"Keep writing," she said.

So I did. Each time the new snow fell,
We would be married again.
The holy dead sat down by our bed.
This went on for years.

"This field is getting too small," she said.
"Don't you know anyone else
To fall in love with?"
What would you have said to Her?



Images by Eric Fischer via his flickr account. 
These images he creates mapping geo tagged photos from around the world.



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new studio - how exciting for you! Wishing you the happiest in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your blog.
    Liked the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Always nice to hear the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post/poem. It's so great when we artists get a space to call our own. Congratulations!! And may you have a ball within those walls. :)

    ReplyDelete