Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Scarfing

I do a weird little virgo ritual every fall. I take out all my scarves and press them. My birthday is late August and one of my dearest of dears, Pat, always slips a few vintage scarves into the pile of presents she showers on me. Her silky gifts always get me excited for the change of season. I like to sort them by color and maybe edit a bit, but really, why throw out one of those lovelies? They barely take up any space. I carefully press each one, enjoying the pattern and palette the designer carefully put together. It's like washing that special china or crystal around the holidays. The dishwasher is a no-no with vintage tableware, so loving each one clean is another way of enjoying them. Below are some Fall dresses by designers just as in love with scarves as I am.
Source- mytheresa.com  Designers- Dries Van Noten, Pucci, Missoni, Anna Sui, Etro, Pucci, Etro








1 comment:

  1. I have qualms about too may patterns - don't like it on myself. A scarf is fine, but a dress - not really. However, the Dries Van Noten is SO beautiful I might have to reconsider - except of course it is out of my budget so the subject is moot ;)

    ReplyDelete