Thursday, April 25, 2013

Feather In My Cap

I love the Curatorium on Wickenden in Providence. Owned (and curated) by industrial designer, Matt Bird, the store and Matt are always a delight, a surprise and inspiration. It is very difficult to leave his store empty handed. There is something there for E V E R Y ONE. I'm working on a few cloth hats for two spring weddings and these parrot feathers might be what I build them around. Naturally shed, (please, please birdies drop a few more) they raise money for the New England Exotic Wildlife Sanctuary. He doesn't always carry them and they go fast. I also thought you would like to see the work of Olympia Washington artist, Chris Maynard. Hmmmm I wonder what one of his feathers would look like in a hat?




Did I mention they are reversible?







No comments:

Post a Comment